Unifilt Corporation specializes in the manufacture of Anthracite Filter Coal, Filter Sand, High Density Materials (Ilmenite and Garnet) and Filter Gravel. All products meet or exceed AWWA B100-01 and are listed under NSF Standard 61.
- Anthracite Filter Coal
- Filter Sand
- Torpedo Sand
- Coarse Sand
- High Density Material
(Ilmenite and Garnet)
- Support Gravel or Filter
Unifilt Corporation can package the Filter Materials in Big Bag, Inc. semi-bulk woven polypropylene containers with lifting straps and bottom discharge spouts, non-palletized (unless otherwise requested).
Although semi-bulk sacks are treated with ultra-violet light inhibitors, it is necessary that media which is stored in sunlight prior to installation be covered with a UV treated tarp.
Specifications for Semi-bulk containers:
- Anthracite & Greensand - 1 ton per sack
- Filter Sand, High Density Material & Gravel - up to 2 tons per sack.
Or we can package in ˝ cubic foot - 1 cubic foot bags on pallets
Specifications for bagged & palletized:
- Anthracite - 50 to 52 pounds per bag (1 cubic foot bags)
- Greensand – 85 pounds per bag (1 cubic foot bags)
- Filter Sand, High Density Material & Gravel – 50 to 100 pounds per bag (1/2 to 1 cubic foot per bag)
1 cubic foot bags are color coded so that standard sizes can be differentiated easily. Optional stretch wrap is available.
Unifilt Corporation has the facilities to load:
- Trucks – Flatbeds & Vans
- Rail - Boxcars, Gondolas, Piggyback & Intermodal
- Overseas – 20’ & 40’ Containers
Unifilt maintains a fleet of semi-trailers to meet all customer requirements. Unifilt is even able to accommodate partial truckload orders.